Crooked teeth are one of the most common of all dental concerns. However, many patients do not realize that they are often more than a cosmetic issue. Crooked teeth can affect many aspects of your overall dental health, making appropriate treatment important for enjoying a lasting smile.
At Bella Smiles in Riverhead and Roslyn, NY, Dr. Sal Lotardo offers treatment options for straightening your smile and improving your dental health. Dr. Lotardo has extensive training and experience in many aspects of dentistry and is an Invisalign® provider. He can treat mild to moderate orthodontic concerns with the convenience of invisible braces, as well as other options when Invisalign is not the right solution.
Why Straighten Crooked Teeth?
Straightening teeth that are crooked or misaligned will support your long term oral health:
- Crooked teeth are difficult to clean effectively
- Crooked teeth affect the fit and function of the bite and can cause TMJ disorders
In addition, crooked teeth often affect how you feel about your appearance and how you may interact both socially and professionally. A straight, beautiful smile can boost your self confidence and enable you to smile more often.
Treatment Options for Crooked Teeth
Your treatment will be individualized for your unique dental health concerns and cosmetic goals. Dr. Lotardo will meet with you to evaluate all aspects of your oral health, including the function of your bite. This is to ensure that the results of your dental care are comfortable and lasting.
- Invisalign®: a local Invisalign provider, Dr. Lotardo can provide convenient, discreet and comfortable treatment for a range of concerns using clear retainers that gently reposition the teeth
- Dental crowns: for minor single tooth misalignment, a dental crown may be recommended
- Porcelain veneers: when crooked teeth are not affecting the function of the bite, dental veneers may be an option for enhancing the aesthetics of your smile